Two women who have survived cancer are now fighting for their jobs at Mercy Health’s Hackley Hospital Campus in Muskegon, Michigan. The women are X-ray technologists whose doctors have restricted their exposure to radiation. For years, the hospital had assigned them to rotate in other areas, but now wants to lift their restrictions. The workers say they were threatened with termination if they didn’t comply. IAMAW is servicing the bargaining unit there for the National Union of Healthcare Workers (NUHW).
- IAM Healthcare Supports Critical Legislation to Prevent Workplace Violence in the Healthcare Industry
- IAM Healthcare Speaks Out for Safe Nursing Homes, Supports Coalition Call for Staffing Standard
- Frontline Healthcare Staff at Ohio State Uniting for Professional Recognition, Safe Patient Care
- District 751, IAM Healthcare Teaming Up to Bring Rights to Washington State Healthcare Workers
- IAM Healthcare Union Joins Effort to Stop Sanford-Fairview Healthcare System Merger Plans